Dinner at The Ritz, London

By Tanya Blackstar - 06:27


Last month I finally got a chance to visit the renowned Ritz Restaurant. It was my Aunty's birthday so she invited us along to celebrate with her.

Before I even begin, let me just say... WOW. What a truly fabulous evening it was.

As soon as you step into the hotel you immediately feel the luxury and grandeur of it all. You have to walk past the Palm Court where they do their afternoon tea and it's simply wonderful, especially the piano player and singer right opposite it. As you approach the restaurant entrance you are greeted and asked if you would like to leave anything in the cloakroom. Another touch of much appreciated service.

As you walk into the restaurant there is no other way to describe it except for stunningly breathtaking. The decor is extremely grand and rich in history. The table setting itself is very pretty - not too much but still very glam. Another thing we noticed and really appreciated is that the tables were not close to  each other at all. We couldn't hear any one elses conversations and felt comfortable knowing that nobody else could hear ours (despite being quite a loud bunch) The piano player and singer in the room really added to the feeling of luxury and decadence. The beautiful wine we ordered also helped (lol)

Our waiting staff were great! After being seated we were served our champagne within minutes! There was no waiting around at any point of our dinner and the petit fours were exquisite.

Honestly, if I could afford it, I'd visit this restaurant every week... It was such a lovely experience, and I'd highly recommend it for anyone in London - it's a must!








My beautiful Mum & aunty with me











Loin of lamb, caramelised shallot, mint & broad beans


Desert - Chocolate souffle



I wish I could play...



The birthday girl

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments